Audio install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Audio install

Post  jonny54 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:46 am

Has anyone ever fabricated a one peice enclosure that fills the intire boot? i live in lincoln so i wanted to keep it hidden in the boot away from the prying eyes of the crack kids. im alright with a bit of wood so was thinking about building a frame out of 2x4 and then just cladding it with some 18mm ply.

it will be going into my mk4 to fit 2 6x9's a sub and two amps.

advice?
jonny54
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Audio install

Post  lemski on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:31 pm

wanna be talking to shoozy mate. he'll be able to advice and help you. mad with installs.
lemski
Top Of The World (Legend)
Top Of The World (Legend)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:43 pm

yo dude,just replyed to your pm and then came across this, are you thinking of having all this on a fals floor so to speak, like actualy in your boot abouve the stock floor hight but below the parcel shelf, keeping ypur parcel shelf orgetting rid??, have you got tinted windows??
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jonny54 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:25 pm

i dont not have tints. i wanted to keep the standard glass, i have to keep the parcel shelf un molested so that i can cover up anything thats in the boot, i live near a council estate and have had my car broken into before for the 6x9's on show, but they took a lot more than that.

a false floor sounds like a great idea, ive been looking at a lot of installs recently and it seems thats the best way to go. i dont run a spare wheel either.
i have a vibe sub with built in amp and some infinity 6x9's but all are a bit haggard so i wanted to start a-fresh. i was really just planning on building the box system with a plan in mind for the location of the speakers but without cutting the holes until i have got the equipment to fill them.

yesterday i had a blast at putting a base together out of 2x4 beams i have kicking around from when an indoor skatepark i was running. im not terrible at joinery, but i just couldnt acheive the standard that it needed to be so i got mad and threw it against the wall Rolling Eyes

maybe we could brain storm some ideas at the meet at the end of the month if your coming?
jonny54
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:58 pm

sory i didnt reply to this in time dude and sadly missed the meet as im imobile and kinda bussy with work etc, if you can give me a rough idea of what you are looking to achieve then im sure i could sketch up a couple of ideas that i get from your initial idea if you know wa mean! let me know yo and il get back to ya about colecting them spacers.

ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:38 pm

I know someone who will do you a custom boot build in what ever you want and in what ever design you want, the problem been is he lives in Newark so if you dont mind a trip there then he will do it for you. He will also do it at mates rates for me. All i would need is some pics of you boot and if you could come up with some idea or design of what you want he will do it. Very Happy
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jonny54 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:50 pm

Sweet deal guys. well newark is only a few minutes blast from lincoln. and when i pop up tomorrow to collect my car from volksworld i could show you my boot then

im thinking of a raised floor with boxes on the left and right and something in the middle.
i have tried to do some drawings myself but they just seem to look to chavvy, and i really would rather go for a more reserved look and design.. i wont often have the seats folded down so its just a boot build.

i was thinking sub on the left and amplifier on the right. possible some places to fit some 6x9's somewhere in the middle as right now i have them in boxes under the front seats..

shoozy, thanks for your offer. i am interested in what ideas you have as you have the same car as me already.. do you have any pics of your own install?
jonny54
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:14 pm

i dont have any pics unfortunatly but iv only got an active sub box and an amp attached to the backrest of the rear seats to power mt parcel shelf 6x9's. il see if i can dig oud any pics of my install from the last ride, i had a set of 6x9's and 3" components on the parcel shelf, two rear (stock) speakers eather side of the parcel shelf, 2 12" subs and a set of 6.5" flush components + tweeters in the front doors, it wasnt the loudest but its was still pumpin out quite alot of tunig haha, +1 in kai's mate to build the framework up,seen a few pix of his work and iv got to admit,i couldnt do as good a job as his mate.

Id also say get ur ideas on paper no matter how "chavvy" you may feel they are because they could be a starting point for your ultimate stealthy feel but in your face install if you get my drift (might be in a lil buble of my own here haha)

anyway,my advice would be to draw up a couple or more ideas, single them down to your favorite/best working ideas then betwien you me and kai im sure we could come up with something thats half diecent. then get all the measurements done accuratly and send the details of to kai's geeza and a good result you should have
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jonny54 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:45 am

Sound man, yeah i will do that.. and maybe have a chat with you guys at the next meet or somthing!!?

im concidering another attempt at starting the raised floor myself this weekend depending how painfull sorting my engine mounts etc are at volksworld!
will keep you posted
jonny54
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top