Ok, so not specifically Dub related, bu Help please VOSA/VI checks!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ok, so not specifically Dub related, bu Help please VOSA/VI checks!!

Post  mini_legend on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:00 pm

As some of you know i have a 79 clubby estate i'm rebuilding. Sent off the V5 stuff 3 months ago to DVLA and got a very painful letter back :/
The car was registered as accident damaged and I need a VIC to put it back on the road, to recieve a V5 or to SORN it. They have registered me as the keeper (at least it ain't nicked lol). The project is gonna long due to student funds, and i can't get a VIC until its on the road. The letter however says i can't sorn it, so 1000 £ fine for untaxed. i have rung vosa and dvla, what good it was and they said to fill in a V980 form to sorn it, but how will this work because the letter says i can't until VIC.

Don't want to go spending thousands on the car for some tw4t to fail the VIC! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HELP please guys
JK

any info on it at all? Does it have to be road legal or can a trailer it?? Bearing in mind its having practically all panels replaced beside roof and rear quarters :?

Cheers
mini_legend
Just Getting Started
Just Getting Started

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/john.killelay

Back to top Go down

Re: Ok, so not specifically Dub related, bu Help please VOSA/VI checks!!

Post  i_am_me on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:16 pm

if the car has been registered as a write off it shouldn't need to be sorned cos as far as dvla is concerned its scrap.
however it would be worth trying to sorn it,if they send a letter back saying it cant be sorned keep it for proof if they try to say it should have been taxed.

the Vic is just to confirm identity of the vehicle,but i think they need an mot to be vic`d
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:42 pm

i am not recomending you do this at all but i knowe it goers on in the mini world. scrap the car you have (on paper) buy another car and log book and restore that one instead, if you know what i mean

WingMan
WingMan

View user profile http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top